Video for Education Made Easy
In the age of YouTube™ and iTunes®, faculty, students and other end-users seek an easy-to-use and interactive rich-media experience for their educational institution’s content. The expectations are growing for instructional media—which has rapidly become a key component of online learning—as well as for non-course-related media, such as campus news, visiting speakers, virtual campus tours, and sporting events.
YouTube™ Meets Ed Tech in Pick-n-Play™, an intuitive and user-friendly video solution for education for nontechnical end-users.
Utilizing Pick-n-Play, faculty, staff and students (if granted the required privileges) are able to easily upload video; create clips; tag content with metadata; submit content to fellow student or instructors for collaboration; and search, browse and play the rich-media assets they have permission for via ShareStream’s easy-to-use video streaming software.
Pick-n-Play complements MediaManager and MediaMigrator, the core administrative components of the ShareStream Rich Media Platform, to provide educational institutions and organizations with a comprehensive media platform for both nontechnical users and media specialists.
- ShareStream’s Media Dropbox—the New Hot App for Student-Generated Content:
ShareStream’s Media Dropbox allows students to submit media to instructors for assessment and commentary, or to fellow students enrolled in the course for collaboration.
- Drag-and-Drop Upload
for nontechnical users with no media expertise that allows authorized users to upload media, which is then automatically compressed and transcoded to the appropriate formats
- “My Workspace” Media Page, a personal media gallery and repository
for faculty, and if assigned the required privileges, students and administrators
- Features for Collaboration and Interactivity, including Personal Playlists and a Discussion Forum with Time-Based Commenting, which facilitates an online conversation among students and faculty around media
- Secure, Copy-Protected Media Delivery through Steamed Video, Audio and Streaming to Mobile Devices
- Automatic Bandwidth-Detection and Adaptive Streaming Functionality
for media delivery to users with wide ranges of Internet connectivity
- Podcasts into iTunes™ and RSS Feeds in Both an Authenticated and Open Environment
- Publishing Tools, including Embedded Thumbnails and Media Hyperlinks
in both authenticated and open environment
- End-User Meta-Tagging (as well as more extensive metadata, including the major metadata standards for administrative users)
- Robust Digital Rights Management
that allows institutions to control access to content and secure media during delivery, as well as manage digital media licenses
- Media Extensions for All of the Major LMSs:
Pick-n-Play includes extensions for the predominant LMSs, including ANGEL®, all of the releases of Blackboard Learn™, Instructure Canvas®, Moodle® and Sakai®. ShareStream’s Media Extensions for LMSs provide both API-level integration with LMSs, and single sign-on complete with role-mapping between the LMS and the ShareStream Rich Media Platform.